Discovering the Amazon from Iquitos
Reception and transfer to the city of Iquitos. Opportunity to visit the city and learn about the economic boom of rubber exploitation at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th. The legacy of the rubber era can still be appreciated in the city’s architecture and its elegant mansions, including the extravagant Iron House, designed by Eiffel. Accommodation in the city of Iquitos.
Free morning to learn more about the city of Iquitos.
15:00 Transfer to the embarkation port to continue by boat to the district of Pebas (frequency Monday and Wednesday).
17:00 Departure to the district of Pebas. On the way you will observe nature. Opportunity to photograph the Amazon River as a Natural Wonder of the World.
22:00 Arrival at the Port of Pebas and welcome by an indigenous person to continue by motorcycle taxi for about 25 minutes to the Community of Pucaurquillo. Reception and welcome by the Boras ethnic groups. Accommodation in houses of indigenous families.
Walk around the community of Pucaurquillo to identify flora and collection (optional boat fishing, bathing in the Ampiyacu River).
Lunch with the indigenous family.
In the afternoon, knowing the llanchama (bark of the tree) and the art with natural dyes. Meeting in the Maloca (communal place) with the Murui and Boras indigenous women to carry out the experiential workshop “Knowing the Chambira”.
Dinner and accommodation in a family home.
4:00 am. Farewall with ancestral songs and transfer to the boarding point in Pebas to continue by boat to Iquitos.
10:00 am. Arrival to the city of Iquitos and transfer to your accommodation.
Optional: Visit to a Rescue Center for endangered species.
End of our services
- To reserve you need: complete information, date of birth, ID and/or passport, food requirements, among other details that are deemed appropriate according to the service.
- The 100% deposit must be made before the travel date. (In case of special deadlines it is prior coordination).
- Company data:
Company name: Naturaleza Sostenible Sin Fronteras SAC
RUC: 20550942179 – Tax address: Jr. Olmedo 537 int. A 302 Brena
Credit Bank of Peru
Savings Account in Dollars: 191 – 71499633-1-49
Interbank Account Code: 002 191 17149963314957
Bank swift code: BCPLPEPL
Note: Send payment voucher to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: +51 971881685
- The passenger accepts the terms and conditions at the time of making the reservation. In case of non-attendance, the traveler loses 100% (Non-refundable), date changes at least 30 days in advance. In the case of being a group or couple, if one of your companions does not attend, the responsible person must assume the difference. No Show: In case the passenger does not show up on the arrival date, it is non-refundable.
- We are subject to weather changes or work stoppages/strikes, it is understood that if an activity is not carried out it will be changed for an equal or superior one.
- We do not make refunds except for health with a medical certificate, death with a death certificate and pandemics (the refund is with a Travel voucher(*). There is no refund.
(*) Use of Travel voucher: Travel voucher can be exchanged for the contracted service. In case you want to make any change of community or destination, it must be prior coordination and additional payment that could be generated. The holder of the Travel voucher has a period of twelve months from the date of issuance, to decide on an option and carry out the exchange thereof. Considering that the reservation must be made with a minimum of one month in advance. This Travel voucher does not apply on holidays and public holidays in Peru.
- Surcharges for holidays in Peru:
A 50% surcharge will be made to the total price for festive dates such as: Holy Week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday), Labor Day (May 1), Inti Raymi (June 24), National Holidays (28 and July 29), Christmas (December 24 and 25), New Years (December 31 and January 1).
Tips for the trip:
Who is suitable for this trip?
Eco-responsible traveler who likes to learn about ancestral culture and nature.
Aimed at: Couples, families with children over 5 years old, researchers, among others.
Maximum temperature: 36°C
Maximum altitude: 106 masl