Archaeological Complex Waqrapukara
Experiential experience: Waqrapukara in Cusco
05:00 am. Pick up from your hotel to transfer by bus to the district of Acomayo, until finally arriving at Cocha which is located at 4000m/13123f.
8:30 am. The 2 hours and 30 minutes hike to Waqrapukara begins. On the way you can notice that the road has a rugged geography with incredible natural rock formations and small lagoons, where you can observe the wildlife of the place, such as condors, llamas, alpacas, vicuñas, wild horses and wild ducks.
11:00 am. Guided tour of the archaeological complex Waqrapukara, which is located winding along a rocky promontory, built around two horn-shaped mountain peaks, this place has eight Inca terraces with retaining walls and stone stairs. From this marvelous place you will learn about the following: Intipunku (Sun Gate), main square, towers, terraces, Wiracocha’s enclosure and cave paintings depicting llamas.
11:30 am. Return to the starting point of the hike. You will visit an ancient road that will take you to the town of Waqui in an estimated time of three hours.
02:00 pm. Transfer by bus towards the city of Cusco.
06:00 pm. Arrival in Cusco.
End of our services
- To reserve you need: complete information, date of birth, ID and/or passport, food requirements, among other details that are deemed appropriate according to the service.
- The 100% deposit must be made before the travel date. (In case of special deadlines it is prior coordination).
- Company data:
Company name: Naturaleza Sostenible Sin Fronteras SAC
RUC: 20550942179 – Tax address: Jr. Olmedo 537 int. A 302 Brena
Credit Bank of Peru
Savings Account in Dollars: 191 – 71499633-1-49
Interbank Account Code: 002 191 17149963314957
Bank swift code: BCPLPEPL
Note: Send payment voucher to email: email@example.com or WhatsApp: +51 971881685
- The passenger accepts the terms and conditions at the time of making the reservation. In case of non-attendance, the traveler loses 100% (Non-refundable), date changes at least 30 days in advance. In the case of being a group or couple, if one of your companions does not attend, the responsible person must assume the difference. No Show: In case the passenger does not show up on the arrival date, it is non-refundable.
- We are subject to weather changes or work stoppages/strikes, it is understood that if an activity is not carried out it will be changed for an equal or superior one.
- We do not make refunds except for health with a medical certificate, death with a death certificate and pandemics (the refund is with a Travel voucher(*). There is no refund.
(*) Use of Travel voucher: Travel voucher can be exchanged for the contracted service. In case you want to make any change of community or destination, it must be prior coordination and additional payment that could be generated. The holder of the Travel voucher has a period of twelve months from the date of issuance, to decide on an option and carry out the exchange thereof. Considering that the reservation must be made with a minimum of one month in advance. This Travel voucher does not apply on holidays and public holidays in Peru.
- Surcharges for holidays in Peru:
A 50% surcharge will be made to the total price for festive dates such as: Holy Week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday), Labor Day (May 1), Inti Raymi (June 24), National Holidays (28 and July 29), Christmas (December 24 and 25), New Years (December 31 and January 1).
Tips for the trip:
Who is suitable to make this trip?
Eco-responsible traveler and nature lover as a couple, family with children over 5 years old.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Maximum altitude: 4300 masl